Thursday, August 5, 2010

Okay, Really Society.

So, today I turn on the T.V, and I flick onto MTV to see what's on. Teen Mom. So, wondering what is the hype about the show, I watch it.
After watching it, I must say that it is scary that people my age, juniors in high school, who are thinking about colledge and starting out in life, are already mothers. It scares me, and it grosses me out. Why are people my age, whose bodies are stull changing, going through the process of having a children, and going on the journey of motherhood. And more importantly, they have a show about it? What does that show to other girls? Does it promote teen pregnancy?
Do you remember the time that girls would go on a vacation for nine months if they got pregnant before they got married. Their parents were ashamed of them, and usually put the child up for adoption? How did society change from that to reality shows about it?
What also gets me, is that some of the girls usually do it alone, without the help of a father, aka their partner. And it makes me mad, because their DNA runs through their veins, and they were game for intercourse, but now that they have a child involved they run like the wind. And then they are ignored, by others. "Boys will be boys" they will say. But these boys are having sex. They are no longer boys. They are men. Society advertises sex as something causual, that doesn't mean anything. But really, it does. It creates life.
I think, that if you can't do the time, don't do the crime. Abstince. Your 16, my friend. You have the rest of your life to do those things, and to have a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment