Tuesday, December 14, 2010

what exactly is right and wrong?

The dating game, in my opinion is one of the single most confusing things on the planet. It's a science, with all of the planning, thinking, and of course experiment. It often leaves me wondering, when will things ever fall into place, like it does in the movies? But then again, I realize it is fiction, something that some producer of some sort with an ache to please their audience, creates the happy ever after.
But does that happen in real life? The whole happily ever after, the whole cheesy nine yard package. I don't know a relationship that doesn't have probelms, because relationships, like all comitments, requires attention, and dedication.
In my experiance, I have overcome trial and error. Throughout the five relationships that i have had, each one has taught me a lesson, some more than others. One has taught me not to lead the other person on, because they could learn to love you, or grow to love you rather. Another has taught me to learn how to ignore peer pressure of being a relationship, just because everyone else is doing it. And another has taught me to never lose yourself, or change yourself completly for a guy that doesn't care about you, when he has another girl in the background. Because of him, I learned to be myself in front of a guy, and to always trust my gut whenever I feel that something is wrong, because chances are they most likely would be.
Upon entering the world of dating once again, I bumped into one thing-fear. I would always be parlayzed with the fear of commitment, because in the past, it didn't matter to the guy involved, so why would I take it into account? If I told the guy that I liked him, would he return the flirting? Or would the friendship we have go into the air? Then there's the fear of losing myself, becoming soley what he wants me to be, not what I want me to be.
But then how do you know? I've had people in my life that the second that I've met him, I knew he would be something special. And so far, he is. But will he be the next Mr. Right? I guess time will tell when I finally figure out what is right and what is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment