Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Importance of the Arts.

Everyone says that it's important for one to get a good education in the field of math and science, because the world can not get enough doctors, and inventors. But, since I'm mathamatically challenged, I don't think that's an option for me.
I believe that art is even more important than the sciences. I'm not saying that science is something that isn't important, because science is everything. However, art is how we enrich ourselves. It is the culture that we surround ourselves. The books that we read. Art is the gray, whereas science is the black in white.
I believe that I am an artist. I like to think that my blog is some kind of art, it's creative, and it'something that I put myself into, both my heart, and my soul.
I think schools should devote more time to the arts than the scientists. Not everyone can be Einsten. We need Shakespeares in this world too. We need the discoverers, but we also need people to write about them. Writing is something that too, deserves the attention of students young and old. We should learn about the writers that are great that were around before we were born, so we can enrich our own lives with their work. Great literature can truly touch you, and makes a difference in your life. It's something that warms your heart, and makes everything better.
At the end of the day, we need both. But, the arts are truly as important as the science class that we have to take as well. Chew on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment