Thursday, February 23, 2012

To Say Good Bye.

Saying goodbye to someone only hurts when you know that you will never hear their hello again. In October, I said goodbye to one of the people who always made me smile, and I still, to this day, consider to be a fatherly figure. Now, I learn to say goodbye to someone else, someone who has also influenced my life, in ways that I never really thought of until today.
They say that you never know how much someone means to you, until they are gone. And I believe that. A year ago, I would have never thought that my life would be without my grandfather or my "auntie". I thought that they would live forever, and never get sick. A year later, unfortunately, they are no longer with us, but there is something that will always be with us. The memories, their crazy habits, and lives that they touched. Although, it may hurt to say goodbye, we realize that they are in a place that they are at peace. That they are at a place with no pain, and they are watching over us as we speak. They are there for you, but instead of being there in person, they are there for you in spirit. They are the ones that are there for you when you graduate high school, watch over you as you start college, and through out the ins and outs of your life.
Rest in peace Auntie Ellen, I will miss you more than you know. After all, you were the only one who could get away with calling me "Natlie".

No comments:

Post a Comment