Friday, February 17, 2012

What the Hell?

I've been getting to thinking about something, especially after talking to and old and blunt friend. We were talking about drinking, and how he thinks that drunk people are not very attractive.
So, then I got to thinking. About drinking. About the way that my teenage peers are. For the past few days, I've heard and overheard various parts of the conversations that my fellow teenage friends and peers. Most of them were about sex and drinking.
Then I began to think about what happened to the teenagers. Yes, drinking is illegal, but then again, I think the prospect of underage drinking is the fact that its illegal, which only makes the apple more appealing then something that isn't illegal. If alcohol wasn't illegal, then maybe, just maybe less people would find the appeal of it. Or, at least the kids would do it. Society has made us view alcohol has a thing that can take away our troubles. But, as little sister Charlotte says "Drinking doesn't make your probelms go away. When you're sober, then they will just come back. And then you'll feel like shit, because you're drunk."
I also feel like sex has become oboslete in modern day society. One night stands, hookers, and teen pregnancies make me think that society, and the people don't think as sex as what it was meant to be: a gift. If you give that gift to more than one person, then the gift will become less special. Yes, you can be young and in love. But, also be sure it's love, not lust.
I don't drink. I have a couple of times, just to say I have. I felt lousy afterwards. I vow to never do it again, because it tastes lousy, and it makes me drowsy. Its unhealthy for my liver, in addition to makes me act abnormal. As for the boy department, I have yet to experience my first kiss. I'm not rushing to have it, I want it to be special and with someone that I really like.
I want to do things the right way. No drinking, and having a relationship with someone that I feel is a decent person. I want to do things sober, so that way, I don't do things that I would later regret. And, if that makes me uncool, then call me a dork damn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment