Monday, September 19, 2011

The Go With Your Gut Theory

Ever hear the saying "always go with your gut?"
Ever follow your gut, and then you fall flat on your face, like an idiot, and then people point and stare at you, then laugh at you.
Well, I heard that today in my AP class. See, we were having a test, so my teacher said "Follow your gut, and never overthink things." So, that got me thinking...WHAT IF OUR GUT IS WRONG?
Once, I felt like I knew that someone liked me. Like literally in my gut, I felt that way. But then, he didn't. But, I still feel like he did.
I dunno.
Stupid gut.
Get yourself in check.
Anyways, back to what I was saying.
What happens when your gut is wrong? Do we live, and do we learn? Or do we learn not to follow it, that it's best to just let things be?
The thing about love, is that it's not fact, it's way more complicated than that. It's not as easy as tying your shoes, it's something like solving a chemistry or a precalc probelm.
But with love, we don't get the xs and we don't get the ys. We just get the situation, and we get thrown out there, desparate to find the x to our ys. But unfornatly, it doesn't work out like that. We often have to go through years and years of trials, just to find the correct one.
And, maybe, just maybe, our gut helps us reach that point.
So, I guess that my gut is a good thing after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment