Sunday, September 4, 2011

Role Models.

Lately, I haven't been able to sleep for some odd reason. So, I've been using some pillow spray, and it helps me fall asleep. But, my insomia is not the point. The point is when I was having trouble sleeping, I began thinking about role models, and who I considered to be one for me. I came up with a bunch of people, some famous, some not, but they all mean something to me, and something about them always inspires me to do better than what I have done in the past.
Okay, so it's list time:
  • My mother is always going to be a role model to me, even though sometimes, or pretty much everyday, we hardly ever get along. She has taught me independence, something that I feel is important to learn. She raised a child, from a toddler, to a teenager, with no help of anyone. She took on the role of a single parent, taxi driver, and friend, for fourteen (I think) years. So, good job Mom!
  • My second role model is my friend Charlotte. She is one of the most carefree people on the planet, and she taught me that it's okay to be a little crazy about someone who may or may not be crazy about you. I taught her how to make friendship bracelets, she taught me lessons about love. Fairly even trade. (Oh, in addition to that, she introduced me to the lovely talents of the Glee Cast.)
  • Another role model is a person that I've known for about a year, who I don't feel like naming, because I'm too lazy. He taught me that it's okay to talk about your probelms, because there are people out there to listen to them, because there are good men out there, they just hide in the shadows of the bad ones. 
  • Lorelai Gilmore. I'm a diehard Gilmore Girls fan, and she's really funny. She's another person who taught me how to be independant, and how to bring several pop culture references into an everyday conversation.
  • Carrie Bradshaw. (Hey, I'm a Sex and the City fan..shoot me.) She got me into the whole writing thing, and she's just one tough broad. She has increduble insight on men, clothes, and people, and she's someone I look up too. (However, I'm not a fan of the smoking, Miss Carrie)
There are so many people out there in the world. Billions...I think. I'm not good with numbers. But, out of the many people you see in the world, some just rub off on you in some ways that you can't help but be changed. (I'm now thinking of the song "For Good" from Wicked.) Anyways, they become role models in your life, and you can't help but be changed, for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment