Friday, September 9, 2011

The Pyschology of Love.

I always am curious about the concept of love, the concept of what's real and what's a knock off. I always wondered what makes us fall in love, and what's behind it.
And so far, I got nothing.
Nada.
Niente.
That's about all of my language skills right there.
I believe that love is something that is not black or white, but gray. There are so many ways to be in love, and it's something that eventually happens to everyone, no matter straight, bi, or gay, black, or white, short or tall, and left handed and right handed. Love is something that is obtainable for everyone, along with the time or place that's right for everyone.
I also think that there is more than one kind of love. There's the love between a family; then there's a love between a man and a woman, and then there's the kind of love between friends.
The kind of love between a family is something that is forever, a bond so thick that they last forever. You can't shake your family, no matter how hard you try. They are there forever, and tease you when you do something stupid, but yet are there for you when you fall flat on your ass and need a friend.
The kind of love between a man and a woman (well it's not always between a man and a woman, but you all know what I mean) is sexual, and eternal. It's something that can't be explained, yet is something that is sought after because it's so amazingly great. The joy of sex with someone that you really love (according to Sex and the City) is one of the best things on the planet. I still seek to find that love, even though sometime I question if I ever truely have touched it. It's the thing that leaves us tounge-tied, and it's the thing that leaves our heart pounding. The love of romance is so amazing.
The kind of love between friends is also amazing. This love I know I found, with two really amazing people; Charlotte, and Samantha. They are the ones I cry to. The ones I gloat to. The ones that I hate to disappoint. They are the ones that you call when you've got good news or the bad news. I know I can count on them. Of course, I always can count on Chris to bother but that's a different story altogether.
Love. The most complicated thing in the world, that yet is so simple. We think we know everything about it, but really we know nothing, we just know tiny tid-bits of information of it.
Maybe that's all we do know.

No comments:

Post a Comment