Thursday, September 22, 2011

In the Middle.

Have you ever felt like you were in the middle of something bad that was going to happen, and then there you stood, powerless, unable to stop the sinking titanic that is in front of you. People will get hurt. Lives will be changed forever, and perhaps you don't know what to do or say for either party involved, the peanut butter in between the two pieces of wheat bread. (well it could be any type of bread, but I like wheat, so I thought wheat would be a classy thing to write.)
In some ways, I could have predicted this was going to happen. I knew it would from the first day of school, that this was going to sooner or later, and I would probably be forced to chose. I don't want to chose between sides. I want to be freaking Switzerland.
They are the neutral ones, right?
I guess this is what happens when two of your best friends decide that it's a classy time to go out with each other. Eventually it all gets awkward, and then you have to figure out who you love more. (And that's kinda hard when one's your best guy friend, the other is like the sister that you never had.) Of course, you want to be a good friend to both. But then, you realize, that you can't.
In the middle of fights, and breakups, maybe it's best to be the apple you eat after your sandwich. That way, you're still involved in the meal, but not in the making of the sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment