Thursday, September 8, 2011

To Be...Or Not to Be.

Serious relationships...What do they mean? Do they mean getting married, or just being in love? Is the goal to get married? Is that with all of the relationships out there have a common thing, to eventually break, or to make it to the alter?
To be in love is something that is the most incredible thing on the planet, so I've heard. I believe that I truly have never been in love, only believed that I did, based on what I thought was love, based on crappy love songs by Nevershoutnever, and the whole Twilight thing. I guess that love something that you actually feel, not something that you think you should feel.
A serious relationship is something that could or could not see the end of the road. People could just be together for their lives, without a ring on their finger. People could just be afriad to take that next step in a relationship.
Marriage of course, is the eternal promise that two people would fall in love forever, and be bound to each other from the day of the vow, until the promise is being made. Marriage is a promise that many people see and witness.
Do I believe in marriage? I'm not sure. I want the wedding, but the commitment is something that scares me even more than heights.  Even when I was in love, I was always scared that they would leave me. I was scared that they would leave me heartbroken. And did they? Yes. But, that's the risk one has to take, if they like someone, you have to be willing to let them break your heart. You're strong. I know I could handle anything, because I know relationships are like nature: you got to let them take it's course.

No comments:

Post a Comment