Friday, February 18, 2011

He said, She Said.

In the world of dating, there is a lot of gambling. Gambling, meaning, should I risk my dignity, and ask her out? Or should I just play it safe, and admire from afar so that way, I would have nothing to lose. It's always easier playing it safe.
Or, as many people in high school do it, you consult your friends. You ask them for advice, and they give their opinion. And you follow it, whether it's making them find out whether or not someone likes you, or getting their number for you, or them telling you you're wasting your time on someone that they think that likes you.
This week, I've found myself in the middle of this whole he/she said mess. A friend was too shy to ask the girl that he likes that he likes her. So, I managed to get her number for him. I then managed to figure out if the girl liked him.
The point of that paragraph was that it got me thinking. Why is love a he/she said kind of game? Shouldn't it be a game of chance, and taking a risk, hoping for some dumb luck? If it becomes the entire school's business, than what is the chance?
Maybe you are shielding yourself from getting hurt. And if that's the case, then take down your damn sheild and just take that risk you've been meaning to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment