Saturday, February 26, 2011

To the One that Broke My Heart...and the One that I hope to Give It To.

Yesterday, I gave in and watched New Moon. I don't know why I did, I just felt like watching it because I had nothing better to do with my life. Anyways, it got me thinking about the person that once had my heart, took it, and broke it. And then, it got me thinking about the one person I would love to give my heart to, if they would like to have it.
To the one that broke my heart, thank you. You taught me how to love, and lose that love. You taught me how to stand on my own, after you left. Yes, you hurt me, but all of the hurt made me into a stronger person. It made me into the person I am today. I loved you, but I now realize it was the wrong kind of love. It's not the healthy kind of love. It's not the kind of love that you can grow in. It probably was classified as puppy love, if that.
Sometimes, I look about the poems that I wrote about him, and I laugh. I look at the emails that he sent me, and I realize how rude, how badly he treated me. How could i be that in love with someone who had feelings for someone else? How could I let someone treat me like that, or more importantly why would I even love someone that would think treat me like that?
I guess love is one of the wierdest emotions of them all. And i have yet to explain them to myself, because I sometimes let my head of fears overule my heart.
In the past year and a half, I have analyzed that relationship a thousand times in my head. It must be wierd that a sixteen year old would even think about the relationships that they had, when they are so young, and have a million broken hearts lying ahead of them.
Broken hearts are the hardest things to fix. But to all of you broken hearted people out there, it will heal. Just give it time
To the person who I want to give it. The one I've written several entries about. I wish to give you my heart, and I promise not to go crazy when you leave, like I know that you someday will do. I promise to never hurt you intentally. I promise you to never let you lose yourself, and I promise to never to let myself be lost. I promise to be there whenever you need me. I promise to help you through every obsticle that you ever come in contact with. I promise to always be there for you. I may not be there forever, but I promise you that I will be there as long as you'll have me.

No comments:

Post a Comment