Thursday, February 10, 2011

Why Do Girls Always Day-Dream About Love, While Guys Don't Care?

Okay, so I get it. Valentine's Day is coming up. One of the most sappiest days of the calendar year. One that I believe that the card companies made up, just so people that can buy cards for someone that they love. It is also adds on to pressure that some people really don't want, or even need. Love isn't a thing meant for pressure. It's a gift, a true miracle that only two people can share.
What I don't get though, is why do girls always expect to fall in love, every single Valentine's Day. Or day dream, only to get disapointed in the long run.
Who do we blame for this? I'd go with Hollywood. Many girls' ideas of a romance is something out of a bad chick flick, or some kind of romance novel. Have we let our minds run wild, because we have nothing else to believe in, other than some kind of scipted thing?
What ever happened to reality? Whatever happened to real life, because you only live life once. It's not a movie that you can watch and rewind, and rewatch again and again. You only live your life once, and you get only one shot to live it.
This Valentine's Day, I know I will be single. I am not excited, because I know nothing good will come out of it. I will be single at the start of it, and I probably will stay single at 11:59 P.M. that night. After all, I am a realist, and don't care about fantasy. I'm done living a world only based on dreams, and ready to live one soley based on reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment