Sunday, February 20, 2011

True Love.

Today, divorce is become more than just a breaking up of a marriage, a shameful deed. It has become a way of life. Due to that, I have come to believe that marriage is no longer taken seriously. If someone doesn't love sonmeone anymore, they can simply get out of it by filing some paperwork.
Marriage is a commitment between two people saying that they will love each other for the rest of their lives. Only each other. Whether in sickness or in health, or in good times or bad. When times get tough, you don't run away from your spouse. You promise each other that you will stick through it with them, forever and ever. "I do", means something more than "I do for now". I means I do for the rest of my life, or even I do forever.
Divorce can hurt. Not just for you, but your spose and your children too, because they are forced to shuffle from parent to parent. But, unfortunatly, it has become a part of everyday life. Who cares about the kids? I don't feel like making this work for my family, so I'm going to leave. Screw the commitment, and the promise I made to my wife, I would much rather have my whore.
To me, marriage is my grandparents. They have been together for almost 56 years. Today, my grandfather has fallen ill with dementia, and lives and an old age home. My grandmother, basically spends as much time as she can there, sits and watches him sleep, and feeds him when mealtime comes. She is there every single day of the week, alongs as the weather holds out, and it's not blizzardlike conditions. When he was home, she took care of him, becoming his full time nurse. She bathed him, made sure he took his medicines, and all that fine stuff. That's dedication. And even before that, they were always together. Where he was, she was. He took her to work. She made him food, and cleaned the house. Every holiday we would gather together, their two kids, and five grandkids, and celebrate. Thanks to my grandparents, I now know the true definitions of love. I know what marriage is. It's love, and a commitment. Both those things, from the moment you said "I do", are things that for the rest of your life you will have. Whether it's in the good times, when you got a promotion at work, or your first child or hourse. Or, in the bad, when you are sick, or broke. Love and marriage are two things that you will always have with you, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment