Monday, March 12, 2012

Dear Former Friend,

Dear Former Friend,
You and I have been, what I thought were really close friends for a really long time. I thought that we would always be there for each other. I fulfilled my end of the deal, and I thought that you would too. When you were going through a breakup, I was there, ready to help you, and gave you advice when you needed it.
But, one day, a random stranger told me that you were spreading some kind of rumors about me. And all I can think of is why? Sure, we haven't exactly been on the best of terms, and sure, we haven't talked over the past few months, but really? You would go as far as to spread some kind of lie...just so I can be hurt. As you probably know, I have enough on my plate, and I don't need you to you know, do that.
But that's not my probelm. My probelm is why would you do that? Why would you spread some lies about me?
And then, when I try to talk to you, why would you ignore me like the plague?
What did I do, is all I want to know?
It hurts me to think that you would go around and spreading things about me, when I wouldn't spread anything about you. We were friends, we laughed and cried together. We celebrated our strengths, and worked through the bad times. When you needed help with a project, I was there. When you needed my  advice on your relationship, I was there. I know that I haven't been the best person, nor the most exciting person to hang around, but I at least deserve an explanation. I tried to make things right, and since you won't even give me the light of day, I guess that means that you won't even give me that.
Have a nice life,
Natalie.

No comments:

Post a Comment