Sunday, March 4, 2012

Soooo....?

I've been thinking a lot lately about how society wants us to be, and how I actually want to be. I mean, the media bombards us with images of being thin, the media tells us that we have to be in a relationship to be happy, or else we are failures, how hooking up is this new thing of mating, and the media is hypocritical, by saying, if you don't get drunk, you are a loser, but if you get too drunk then you are a hypocrite.
NEWSFLASH:
I'm not thin.
I'm single.
I do not hook up.
I gave up on this whole drinking thing, because I value my body, and mind too much to poison it.

So, call me a loser.
And you know what? I'm perfectly content. I mean years from now, I don't want to look back at high school, and always think about the partying I did. I want to be taken seriously. I want to do something with my life. I want to write books, books that are about something that actually matters. I want to make a difference in this world, whether by donating blood, or by volunteering my time over spring break. I don't want to waste my time, because time is too valuable to be wasted. I want to be known as the girl who made a difference, not the girl who partied too hard last night and is too hungover.
And you know what? I think that I'm cool the way I am.
So fuck you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment