Saturday, May 28, 2011

Father and Daughter.

They say that the relationship that a father has with his daughter is the one that shapes the relationships that a daughter has for the rest of her life. Like if she has a horrible relationship with her father, than she will be searching for the relationships that she never got from her father in complete strangers, searching for that love in just about anyone.
Man, that was deep. I should be a poet or something.
Anyways, back to what I was saying. I often wonder if the fact that my father never made the effort to make an impact on my life, whose footprints imprinted me the most. If my father never had left my mother, never left his kid, then would I be living a different life?
Funny how fate works.
I often wonder if that had anything to do with the way I am now. Would things have worked out with Harry if they had with my dad? Would I even like Big? Or would I even know him?
I spose that all my life I had looked for what I never had. What I always wanted. Someone to tell me that I mean something to them. Someone to tell me that I'm not a complete failure. When I'm sad, they will be there for me. Someone who I wouldn't have to doubt that they are going to back out of their word, like Harry had once done.
If my relationship had been successful with my father, would I still even want these things? Or would the things that I want and think would be different, because my home life isn't broken?
Man, I'm thinking deeply today..maybe I should get a cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment