Thursday, May 19, 2011

So, I Guess It's Okay to Be a Flousy

The other women in society have been viewed to be enimies of the children. They are viewed as Cruella Deville, purely evil, wanting to change your way of life. You will always think of then being the one that broke up your parents, or the one that will replace your mother, even though you live with your mother most of the time. It's a sterotype, brought on by movies, books and televison shows. The stepmother is always going to be the child's enemy. Like in the movie Stepmother, with Julia Roberts.
But unlike most sterotypes, this one is true.
And how do I know? Well I lived it.
My parents were spilting up around the same time that I learned how to walk. My stepmother came into the picture soon after. She was the total opposite of my mother. My mother, although sometimes now we tend not to get along for some odd reason, (teen angst) was warm and caring. My stepmother kind of reminded me of an ugly verison of a barbie doll. She was cold, and plastic-like.
Over the years, I had felt uncomfortable visiting my father, because of her. She was the type that had her men whipped. Whatever she said went. If she wanted something done, it was done. She nagged whenever someone had a cookie in their mouth, reminding them that they will one day become obese. She was a coldhearted bitch, basically. I blame her, not him, because she is the reason why we're not that happy father and daughter relationship.
Recently, the witch took me out for lunch. Not passing up a chance for free food, I said yes. (Hey, don't judge. Who wouldn't take up a meal when some else is paying? Oh, this is not helping my case at all) After deciding to get coffee instead, we sat down.
After some small talk, she got down to business. She began with "you're father and I love you very much." I remember thinking this couldn't be good.
She proceeded to tell me things. Things I didn't want to hear. Things that I will not rewrite, because blocking them out was the only thing I could do in order to keep myself sane. She told me basically that my mother is a liar, and that my father is the prince of bel-air.
Maybe my mother is biased, but then again, he cheated on him with you, you whore. Marriage is a vow that if broken, I guess would hurt. You can not underestimate the pain of having your husband, who vowed that he would be there for you, for better or worse. I don't know myself, but I'm guessing it's pretty painful to go through.
Thanks to you, I guess you woke me up. I guess me and my father's relationship is a tad bit better, because we try to have monthly visits. I strive to have a relationship with him, and I understand that he loves you. But, you. I'm not ready to deal with you just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment