Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Memory.

There are some things that tend to stick with us, whether we like it or not. Photographs of us of times that we wish that we could forget, memories of people that we wish that we could forget, and things that we wish that we could unlive. Whether it may be bad relationships that we now regret, or the bad hair styles we used to wear, it's something that we wish that we could avoid.
Rain is something that can wash away the things that are not permant. The things that are, tend to take time and new things to earse the ideas of the past.
I often shudder upon the decesions that I made. Dating someone that only thought of me as a number, someone to give him all the physical, and none of the emotional, someone that would never introduce me to his friends. Needless, to say the regret for that relationship came quickly.
Other regrets did not come so quickly. My love for metal music did become a regret until later this year. My love for some guy in middle school, did not.
My memory of someone that has broken my heart in a million pieces sometimes comes when I least expect it to occur. Like when I'm getting ready to move onto someone else, and then all of a sudden, BAM! The memory of the past haunts you and you can't help but wonder what you could do to make it unhaunt you. I guess that overtime, those things will go away.
Time is one of the only things that will always change. We will never be the same that we were when we began life, crying and screaming babies new to life, eager to learn all of its twists and turns. We end our lives, usually old and wrinkled, wise from all of our lessons, them a dim memory.
So, I guess the take home message here is to live in the moment before it becomes all but a dim memory, to look back upon on our rainy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment