Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Ghosts in your Closet

The past has its way of creeping up on you, have you ever noticed that? Like one day, you would be looking foreward to your future, and all of a sudden, you're thinking of the relationship that you once had, or the ghost in your closet.
Harry, the ghost in my closet, came into a conversation a couple of days ago. Something about him moving away. And then I noticed that I didn't care anymore about Harry. I only wished him the best, and that he would have a chance at truely being happy, like I am.
I would not say that I've hidden the fact that I still have some sort of feeling for Mr. Big. I don't know what the hell they are, but they are feelings, and they are there, existing. I don't know what the hell I plan to do about them, because he is one of my best friends, but I guess all I could do is wait and see. Christopher, however, I discovered, I like as a friend more than I do as a lover, and the fact that he is friends with Charlie Sheen is not very helpful to me.
My past will always be my past. You can not rewind and change all of the stupid things that you have done on the tape of life, you can only press the play button. However, you can think of what you did in the past to keep it from affecting your future, by not putting that mistake on repeat.
In the end, the ghosts will be in your closet for a while. Some will be more visable then others. Some will haunt you for years, some will never come into sight.
And some will lead you to your own Mr. Big, and you can't help but be happy that the ghosts are there in the first place.
How could we get rid of these ghosts? By taking it one day at a time. It's all any of us can really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment