Friday, May 27, 2011

Love and Logic.

Today, while getting up this morning, I wondered is there a logical way to love? Is there any logic involved in the act of love? Or is the game of love a game that everyone has the dice of, but no one knows how to play, nor how to win? Is there any logic in finding someone attractive, particaularly that person that's your best friend, that you've always had feelings for.
In Hollywood, we see lots of examples of logicless decesions. One example is in a little movie called Titanic. We see Rose refuse to get a boat to escape the boat, so she can save Jack. Once she saves him, she and him go to find a boat, but they were only boarding women and children, so Jack was out of luck. So Rose, gets on, and then ends up jumping off of it before it lands on the water, and runs to find Jack.
Another example is in the Sex and the City movie. We see Miranda use logic to dictact her decesion to keep on being married to Steve, or divorcing him. Altough I won't tell you what exactly happened, I will tell you that she had to throw out the facts, and celebrate the feeling that she had.
Both women used two things to make her decesion: Love and Her Heart. They used their love for the other person to show them how much they meant to them, and their heart to help them realize what is good for them. As Lorelai Gilmore says, "matters of the heart always come out in moron."
I often wonder what would happen when I truely met the one. I often wonder if I already had, and I screwed it up already, but then I realize that sixteen year olds really don't need soulmates. I often wonder if when I first met Big, when I felt that lightning bolt, and fell for him. Of course, in life nothing is that easy.
I think it's best to love yourself first and foremost. That relationship will last for a lifetime, as who knows about the other ones. All I know is there is no logic, and that's why I trust it.

No comments:

Post a Comment