Sunday, March 20, 2011

Deleted.

Today, I just felt like spring cleaning. Well, my facebook inbox. So I did, and I realized that I had messages tracing back to my ex boyfriend, and a former friend both have hurt me in some way, shape or form. So, I pressed delete, and in one second, they were gone forever.
Now, wouldn't it be nice if there was a delete button to more than just inboxes? What if there was a delete button for everything that we didn't want in the hard drive that was our mind, or in our lives?
Well, of course, nothing is that simple. Nothing will ever be as easy as pressing an invisible button, and all of your probelms will just magically go away. In life, we have to deal with them, face to face. And once we do, we become stronger. After saying our final goodbyes, we can not let the wounds fester, because if we do, we really can not move foreward.
So, after deleting those messages, I had decided to block my ex-boyfriend. That way, I wouldn't be able to see his face, ever on his facebook, or on mine. Even though I will still run into him time after time, in the halls, in the concerts, I know that he is forever deleted from my facebook account. If he comments any one of our mutal friends, I know that I wouldn't be able to see his stupid viola picture. I don't care about him anymore, and starting today, he is not worth my time.
It's time to move foreward.
It's time to say screw you to the past.
It's time to stop obsessing over what went wrong between us. It's unhealthy, and stupid.
It's time to finally let go.
It's time to finally breathe.
Right now, I feel so powerful. I know that I can accomplish anything that I set my mind to. I can climb the highest mountain, swim the deepest sea, run the longest race. If someone hurts me, then I know I will feel hurt, but I will be able to deal with it.
My past is finally behind me.
Screw you, you silly ginger. I can do anything, and I don't need you to tell me otherwise. I will leave you alone, no more prank phone calls, or texts, or anything else that involves interaction with you. No more talking to your friends, and hanging out at your turf.
I'm gone.
I'm done.
I'm free.
I've finally able to let go, and start a new life. A life of trusting more people, unless they give me a reason not to trust someone. A life of less thinking, more doing. I will not blame myself for things that I did not do or cause. If something is in the past, it is in the past.
Goodbye to my past.
Hello to my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment