Friday, March 4, 2011

Moving On.

The past is like something that you can never replace, or earse. It's writtin with a permant marker, and although it may fade, then there will always be a mark. The past is always there for us, for us to reflect on, for us to realize our mistakes. But, we can never live in the past.We can only move foreward, because time moves only foreward, never back.
But, the question is, how do we move on from something that once meant so much to us? How do you one day love someone, or something, and then the next day, become opposite poles of nature? How do you recover from it, when all you really want to do is still be in the moment.
Life is like a dry earse board, nothing is ever permant, unless you press down hard enought that someone leaves an imprint on you. Sometimes, your earse board get's dirty of all of the people that never mattered. That is the time that we take the board cleaner, and clean it, opening our boards up to the ones that will matter more than the person who made it dirty in the first place.
How exactly do we move on? Of course, it's easier said then done, because nothing relationship-wise is not one solution fits all. You can't just earse it, because nothing is easy. Some can, because they think that they work that way. Others, work differently. We tend to sit around, and eat ice cream, cookies, basically every kind of junk food on the planet. Once we feel like we're about to get sick, we just lie there, and feel sick, and sorry for ourselves. And then, there is some people that just don't deal with it, like Bella Swan from the Twilight Saga. She just lets Edward fester in her soul, because of three reasons: 1. She is truely insane. 2. She doesn't want to let go, because she is afraid of losing the past. 3. She truely loves him.
In my experiance, moving on is the hardest thing that I have ever done in my life. It was hard to forget the great memories, because at the time that I didn't want to. I wanted to hang onto every last drop to the relationship that has shriveled up into a dry, dead rose. But that's not healthy. I was in love, or so I thought. Maybe I just wanted to hold onto something that made me smile, feel good about myself, and I had someone that truely cared about me. But now, I know that he didn't. And I know that I didn't love him. After a year and a half, I can say that I actually moved on. Of course, it took a year and a half to get to this point, but hey, it was a long road. But, I am really glad to move on to something new. I just wish that I had realized that I had come to this point a lot sooner than what I did. So goodbye to all of  the pain, and the guilt. I will treasure your memories, and I will thank you for the experiance. Good luck, to everything that you may do, because you and I both deserve the best in life.
And how do we know that by moving on, we are not losing something great? I guess you will have to listen to your gut truely. I guess that you will have to listen to your heart. Sure, you may feel broken now, but give it time, because time heels all wounds. You will move on to someone whose treated you better than the one who left you, because if the guy that left you, loved you or wanted to be around you, then they wouldn't have left you.

No comments:

Post a Comment