Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Art of Flirting: I Guess It's One, or Is It Not?

In the game of dating, we have one way of attracting the opposite sex, and leaving them hooked. And what is that? The art of flirting. It's the art of trying to get someone to fall for you, or to ask you out on a date, and then who knows what happens.
My question is why do we have to resort to flirting, something so similar to a mind game, something that involves playing the ohh so tedious game of love. After all, what happened to being yourself? Whatever happened to just being yourself? Whatever happened to being yourself and having him fall for the real you.
A friend of mine once said to flirt until he's yours. But that also means to act like you don't actually start being yourself until you are his.
Some of the best advice that I have ever gotton was in fact to be yourself. So why do we have to put up an illusion that you are something else.
Maybe flirting is a way to reel him in to you. Like it's the bait, and once he catches it, then you can be whoever you want to be. Like not answering him whenever you are texting, although you are dying to answer the text him, because you don't want to seem too needy or anything.
I've never been a batting your eye lashes kind of person. That girl who knows how to flirt with the all of the boys, and well does it right. I've always relied on pure instinct, and I am learned to follow my gut versuses following what others think I should do. Being a flirt, I guess is something I don't want to call myself. I just call myself a girl who is surfing the fierce waters of the sea of dating, and instead of drowning into the shore, I am floating.
I often wonder if the art of flirting is actually an art. Charlotte says I have lady balls, whatever they mean, or even are. I don't consider myself an artist in the art, I just consider myself to be afloat.

No comments:

Post a Comment