Friday, April 15, 2011

Remembering.

Today is the Day of Slience, (DOS). It's a national youth movement thingie that brings attention to the slience of those that are gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender. From 7:30, to 2:00, I'm not speaking, and making a commitment for those that have been slienced for being made fun of just for being who they are.
I am no stranger to this subject. In elementary school, I had a friend, that you can say was in the closet. He got made fun of a lot for playing with dolls rather than wanting to play football.  He was into things like music, instead of wanting to play a sport.  He was one of my best friends, and today, still remains to be one of my best friends.
I remember having the world's biggest crush on him, although I can not remeber whether or not we actually dated. 
I also can remember the day I found out that he was bi. Or gay.  I remember him saying how he had a crush on some dude. I was a freshman in high school, and he was making out with a guy in frount of me.  I kind of wasn't surprised that he was like that, but at the same time, I didn't think that he would come out in a same way.
He still dated girls after that, but then in my sophomore year, was just gay. He dated some guy, a senior then, a person in my musical theater class.
To the friend I'm talking about, I am doing this with you in mind.  I remember watching you get made fun of for acting one way, because I know that's who you are. You have been my best friend for over five years, and I love you, and will support you no matter what.  You were my first crush, and now you are like a brother to me. Altough we may fight, I'm doing this for you, broski.
Remember those who are different, and don't hate on those that are.  Just don't, broski.

No comments:

Post a Comment