Monday, April 25, 2011

I Just Get A Kick Out Of You..And You.

In the world of dating, I can not help but wonder if it's all in your mind.  If you break up with someone, is it truely your heart that wants someone still? Or is it your mind, causing yourself to think of one person? Isn't it just as easy to flood your mind with new thoughts, songs, or people? After all, you can't hold onto one person, or dream forever. It isn't healthy.
Two years ago, I have gotton my heart shattered by a guy who I thought I loved. As I began to heal from that, I slowly began to realize that maybe I wasn't in love. Maybe I was infatuated. Maybe I was in love with the idea of being in love. Either way, I guess we will never know. As I began to heal, I also began to realize how stupid I was being, holding to one dream, one person, when there was a million other, better, people and dreams out there. I guess time heals all wounds.
I sit here, and I ask myself now that I've gotton smarter, and wiser, what is in loving a person. Is it the hormones that we have? What is love, and what is lust?
What makes that relationship that we all desire? I have yet to wonder.
Heart and the head I guess make no sense when they are colliding.  Sometimes, it's like a war, and we all are meant to fight it in some way shape or form. I guess Pat Benetar was right in saying love is a battlefield.

No comments:

Post a Comment