Sunday, April 3, 2011

Head over Heart? Heart Over Head? Whattt.

Sometimes we think with our heart. Sometimes we think with our head. And other times, we think with our hormones. (but thats a different story altogether) Sometimes, when we think with our head, our heart suffers, because the heart wants one thing, and your head wants another. Like in our heads, we know this is wrong for us, but our heart desires one thing or person. And sometimes, I wonder which one makes more sense, the one thing that our head wants, or the one that the heart wants.
The conflict of heart over head is something that always comes up in life, in some form or another. Our head wants the thing that makes more sense, telling you to move on, but your heart is too lazy, or is telling you not to move on from whatever that is the probelm.
Who do we listen to? The one that makes the most sense, or the one that my heart wants, which is one of the most craziest things on the planet. I don't get why I always have to chose between the common sense aspect of my brain, or the one that makes no sense whatsoever.
My heart tells me to wait for him.
My head tells me to not to waste my time, since I've already wasted so much already. For all I know, I can be dead tomarrow, and I would never have the chance to give the person my heart, something that I've been dying to do since day one. Something that I've been too scared to do since day one.
Maybe if I somehow shed that fear, than I will be able to be more like what my head wants.
Is there ever going to be some kind of middle of this agruement, some kind of common ground? Let's take a look at some of Hollywood's thinking with their hearts. Sex and the City's Big and Carrie. Titanic's Rose and Jack. They both ignored their heads telling them not to, and listened to thier hearts telling them to go to that one other person.
Now, my next question is, how does one listen to their heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment