Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Grass Is Not Always Greener

Sometimes, I think about life. I wonder if anyone is truly happy with what they have and what they are given in life, or they always want something else, something else that either they can't have, or that they dream to have. Like celebrates, who dreamed of being famous. And now, they talk about being swarmed by the paparazzi, and have tons of bodyguards, however we desire to be just like them, because they are famous, and they can afford all of the designer clothes and bags. But then they are the ones who have bigger probelms other than wanting to own a Louis Vuitton that cost more than a college tution.
Sometimes, I feel like no one can ever be content with what they have, because they want something to replace what they had. And once they get it, they want something else, so that the desire can never truely be fulfilled, and it will always be there.
Is that the same with a relationship? If you get a boyfriend, you then desire living the single life, because you have all of the time with your girlfriends, to go shopping, to do whatever you want, without having a guy up your butt telling you that shopping is boring.  If you're finding yourself single, you can't help but want someone else to love, another boyfriend or girlfriend.
Will we ever be happy with what we have, or will we always be wanting something?
Hmmm. These are the questions that will haunt me.

*I'd like to dedicate this blog entry to my good friend Chris. Thanks to him, and his patient ways (well me running ideas off of him, while he was counting the minutes until I shut up), I had a topic for today. Thanks again, kind sir, and have a good time at camp next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment