Wednesday, July 27, 2011

To Know, or Not to Know?

When bad things happen, some people want to recieve the news in two different ways. Some want to get the news as soon as possible, ripping off the band-aid and getting it over with. Others try to run from the bad news as much as they can, avoiding the subject for as long as possible, or even until it all catches up to them and then they have a breakdown.
Which one of these applies to you?
The ones who want to rip the band aid tend to have rougher skin then the ones who run. They tend to be the ones who can deal with probelms easier then the ones who run.
I'm not calling the ones who run from the truth sad piece of life either. Some people can deal with things; others can not. Some can deal with pain, others chose to run away from it. Running may seem like the easy way out for them because they can't deal with the probelm, and they don't want to. Whether its death, or relationships, those types of people just can't deal with it. It's just programmed in their DNA that they are not able to deal with that kind of thing.
I am one of those people. The kind of person that runs when life gets bad. I get afraid and I panic and then I start to run because it's the only escape that I can find to be rid of the bad probelms. I usually run to friends, or I just run as fast as humanly possible. But the only probelm with running, is one day, something will cause you to stop. And then you're a trainwreck.
And trainwrecks are never fun.
How do you stop running and start to deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment