Monday, August 29, 2011

The Aftermath

Is it me, or after every storm, the weather is always beautiful? After every battle, the sun lies there, egging us in to do better then what we did before.
In life, storms come at us in all directions, in hurricanes, or in fights that we humans have. We just have to deal with them, and come together with those around us because the storms help us become strong, a more tightly woven chain then what existed in the past.
In three days (well give or take now), I will be at school. What a scary thought, a new school year when you still haven't read that SAT book, or even did your summer reading. In some ways, I guess that a new school year is a good thing because it's a chance to wash away last year's mistakes, the same way that hurricane Irene did to some of the houses along where my beach house is. (My house still remains standing by the way. Awww yeah, take that Mother Nature)
Now that we have to rebuild, we have to forget what was once there, and only focus on what will one day be there, one day another house will lie in where yours once stood. In love, the same thing happens; when someone wants to break up with you, eventually a newer and better model will come in, with all of the memories that you will need.
I guess, the aftermath of every storm will always be sunny and bright,

*Thanks to Hurricane Irene, my internet is currently down. This might be be last entry for a few days, but I will be writing them by hand, and going to the local libary to use their internet. Hope everyone else made it through the storm in one piece, and together, we can slowly but surely develop a better community. Of course, it would be nice to have my internet working again.

No comments:

Post a Comment