Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Too Young For Sadness, yet Too Old for Stupidity.

Sometimes, I like to curl up on my couch in a ball, and watch romantic comedies. I don't why I do it, it's just something I do that I can't explain. It's something good to do when I feel like dreaming of a life that I know that I will never live, the person of my dreams telling me that they are mad for me, and we'll live happily ever after.
Yeah, that will never happen.
Sometimes, I feel like I'm an old lady at seventeen, who only wants to stay at home on Saturday nights because she likes to dream of Mr. Big, rather than live to eventually find someone to forget about him. The fact that I can't even let myself move on, instead of watching Dirty Dancing or some other romantic comedy that I have been watching lately, is pathetic. It's like I want to run, but my feet won't make the motions. It's sad, considering I'm a runner and all. It's like someone glued my feet together.
I often wish the movies were my life, but then I know that they were made up by some producer out there in Hollywood.
Love is one of the most painful emotions, when the person you wish to be with doesn't see you that way.
At the end of the day, I know that it's for the best. But a person can't help how she/he feels, although they wish that feelings were like a light switch, you can turn them on and off at your own pace.
I guess I should try to turn the feelings off, if that's humanly possible. I guess the people in Brave New World had it right-it's better living as a robot than with a heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment