Thursday, August 4, 2011

Isn't it My Choice?

Yesterday, I was bored, so I decided to watch Parental Control. While watching it, I thought about the right that we teenagers have to date whoever we want. I understand that not everyone we date is going to be liked by everyone, but isn't who we date and who we want to be with, our decesion, not our parents, or anyone else's for that matter? I mean it's a free country, we can date whoever we want. Parents can only steer us in the right direction when it comes to that, and hope that they taught us enough common sense to know what is good for us, and what is not good for us.
Parents tend to worry too much about their daughters, and not realize that they are smarter than they think they are and that they do have a good head on their shoulders, because they taught them to think for themselves and know what's best for you. No one but you knows whats best for you, but you.
Of course, the show does tend to showcase some real jerks who needs to respect their significant other. Some guys have no respect for the parents, nor the daughter.
The saying "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't force it to drink" comes into my mind.
Sometimes, I think that people try to tell us how to feel, but no one really can do that, because you have control over your heart, and just like you have no control over what they do, no one else has control over what you do. They are like flies, buzzing with opinons, forcing you to listen to them. However, I think that although the show is a tad bit controlling, however it does have a good point. Women need to be treated with respect guys. And all you girls out there, if someone isn't treating you right, just walk away, because as the show does showcase, there is someone else who would.

*Also, lately I've been working on this article, and it's finally finished! Please show your support and read it here! Thank you! http://natations.wordpress.com/2011/08/03/5/

No comments:

Post a Comment