Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bucket List

Today, I woke up (well I had to in order to get out of bed to fetch my laptop), and I realized something. Life is too short for me to sit around and watch other people live their lives. I have goals, goals that I really want to one day achieve. I want to say "I did this", not "I wish that I had done this." I mean, you only live once, might as well make the best of every moment known demand.
Damn, I sound like some country song.
Anyways, here's my bucket list:
  • I want to learn Sign Language, and French. I don't know why I want to learn those languages, but I think I would be a badass if I could, and then no one would be able to understand what I'm saying unless they spoke those languages.
  • I want to go to Italy, France, and Hawaii. (Once I learn how to speak French, that is, since I already know Italian.) Italy is where some of my family is from, and it's beautiful there. And France, well, the Eiffel Tower looks cool.
  • I want to learn how to play piccolo (since I already know how to play a flute, this might be kinda easy), and the violin. I don't know why, those intstruments just look pretty interesting things to play. That, and I like the sound of them.
  • I want to spend a summer at the Jersey Shore. (before you say anything, I actually enjoy the beach, and wouldn't mind spending a complete week there.)
  • I want to actually get a book published. Why? Because I think it would be cool to have a lot of people to be reading what I wrote, entranced by my ideas, and listening to what I have to say.
I hope to one to accomplish all of these goals, because I know that with every task I accomplish, I will be able to say "Yayy, I did this!" not "Man, I wish I can do that." I want to tell my grandchildren how I lived, and what I did with my life. I want to make every moment count, not every moment wasted.
So here's to my bucket list. What's on yours?
And here's to making it count.

No comments:

Post a Comment