Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ladies And Gentlemen, Let Me Educate You With Some Good Music.

Everytime someone quotes something, or has a favorite song, I can't help but notice it's something that the radio plays, and really has no meaning to anyone.
And it drives me mad.
So, I've composed a list of artists of people that you never heard of, and maybe you have. They might have been popular a long time ago, but I think they are amazing, and that you all should go on youtube and look them up after you get a chance. Maybe, you can educate your taste in music, because some of the music played on the radio is horrible, although I do have some of it in my itunes. (No offense to the artists, but that mainstream shit isn't for me.) Here is some of my favorite artists of all time.
  • AFI: Also, known as A Fire Inside. I liked them back in middle school, when their album DECEMBERUNDERGROUND came out. My favorite song, and video by them is "Miss Murder." The artist is basically punk and alternative, with lots of guitar. In addition to DECEMBERUNDERGROUND, their discography includes, Answer That and Stay Fashionable (1995), Very Proud of Ya (1996), Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes (1997), Black Sails in the Sunset (1999), The Art of Drowning, (2000), Sing the Sorrow (2003), DECEMBERUNDERGROUND (2006), I Heard A Voice (Live Album, 2007), and Crash Love (2009). Overall, although I don't have half of their songs, I recommend Caricenogen Crush, Girl's Not Grey, Miss Murder, Prelude 12/21, 37 mm, and Misera Cantore-The Beginning. Overall, great band for the people who like punk.
  • ABBA: The old sweedish band in the 70s has been a favorite of mine since I was a little kid, when my mother told me about them, and listened to their album "Gold" on tape. (Yeah, that's old school) Anyways, the band was based in Sweeden, and one of the best bands in the seventies, next to Andy Gibb and the Bee Gees, and make disco amazing, and memorable. Their discography includes Ring Ring (1973), Waterloo (1974), ABBA (1975),  Arrival (1976), The Album (1977), Voluez Vous (1979), Super Trouper (1980), and The Visitors (1981). Although the band broke up because of marital issues, this band will always have a place in musical history. My recomendations include Move On, The Visitors, Hole In Your Sole, Dancing Queen, Knowing Me, Knowing You, Waterloo, Does Your Mother Know, Eagle, Arrival, Ring Ring, Lovers Live a Bit Longer and When All Is Said and Done.
  • Bright Eyes: Okay, for all of you that know me, you know that this isn't a surprise. The band was founded by singer/songwriter Conor Oberst, and is on the record label Saddle Creek Records. The band remains one of my favorites, because the songs are real, and they speak to you with a sense of truth, and they are honest, which I like to hear in music. Disography includes: A Collection of Songs Written and Recorded in 1995-1997, (1997), Letting Off the Happiness, (1998), Every Day and Every Night-EP (1999), Fevers and Mirrors (2000), LIFTED or If The Story Is In The Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground (2002), Digital Ash In a Digital Urn (2004), I'm Wide Awake and It's Morning (2005), Cassadga (2007), and The People's Key (2011). My favorites include Four Winds, True Blue, Road to Joy, Reinvent the Wheel, Noone Would Riot for Less, First Day of my Life, When the President Talks to God, You Will. You Will. You Will?, Firewall, Clauraidents (Kill or Be Killed, and Lover I Don't Have to Love.
  • JoJo: She's been my favorite since day one. Her voice is just so powerful, and I am so excited for her new stuff to come out this year. I still play all of her songs, despite the fact they aren't very current. Her discography includes JoJo (2004), and The High Road (2006). My favorite songs include This Time, The Way You Do Me, The High Road, Note to God, Breezy and Leave.
These artists never cease to amaze me, and I hope that you all can listen to them, and enjoy their amazing talents. Now, I just realized how much music I need to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment