Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Okay, I Don't Give A Fuck.

Yesterday, I was talking to a friend of mine. We've known each other since freshman year, (well when I was a freshman, and she was a sophomore). She always seemed to have a selfish side to her. Like whenever we would be talking on the internets (Yes, Chris, I said internets, be happy.) Now I'm a high school senior, and she's a college freshman. And over the years, she seemed to get worse. When she went to the prom, she spent an hour talking about it. When she graduated, that was all that mattered. When she goes to driving school, that's all she will talk about, forgetting how I failed when I went, and really don't want to hear about it. And, let's not get started on whenever she likes a guy. She talks about him to the point where you want to beat your head with a rock. And then, just to prove that she cares, she asks "Oh, how was your day?" And, when I talk about something, all she can say is "Ohhh".
I understand that she's excited about the changes in her life, but it's like she doesn't care about my life. Isn't a friendship a two way street? We both talk about things that interest both of us, like me and Jenni's extensive conversations about Jersey Shore in first period. Not in her book. She makes me feel small. She makes me feel like I don't matter, and like my life has no meaning. And, whenever I like a guy, she talks about the longer term of things. Like with Harry, she talked about marriage! She used the words one and only. Those words are scary.
I don't give a fuck about you. I know those are strong words to say, but I really don't. I try to be nice, and it's all about you. I don't want to hear about it, and it's only so much you can hear before jumping off of the edge screaming. It's like my life means nothing, and your life, with your relationships, is all that matters. You don't care about anyone, because you are selfish. I'm sorry to say this, but this is true, bro. There is only so much selfishness that you can take, and honey, I'm at my limit.
Over the years, with friends like these, it makes me grateful for the ones that don't suck. The ones that are always there. *Enter Charlotte, Samantha, Miranda, and Jenni.* At least they are not selfish bitches. I hope they don't think of me as being selfish, because I don't mean to if I am. Their life is amazing, and I love to hear it. They are like family, and they matter more than my petty little probelms. They know when to leave a subject alone. They know when to be concerned, and when not to be. They don't have to prove that they care, with comments like "next year, I hope you meet yours".
Sometimes, it takes someone bad, to realize someone good.

No comments:

Post a Comment