Friday, August 12, 2011

To Fit the Mold?

Lately, I've noticed that people are trying to make others into the person that they want them to be, maybe the person that they wanted themselves to be, even, and they are living through them in some way, shape or form. People are not cookie dough, or clay. They can't be molded into some far fetched idea of what you want them to be. People tend to be a lot more harder to shape, because they have different ideas of what we are sposed to be. My mom thinks I should go to one college, close to home. I, however want to go to one that's a little farther, near a city, which I always dreamed of living because, I love city life.
I always thought about dreams. No matter how crazy they are, don't you want to support that loved one? Don't you want to be there for that person, because you love them, and you want to show support for them in what they do, whatever they decide to do in life, whether it's where they go to school, or whatever they pick as a career?
Well, I guess there is that whole "I love you so much that I don't want to see you screw up" thing. Maybe your parents are up your butt and not very supportive because they don't want to see you fall flat on your face? Maybe they don't want to see you fail?
But there's a thing about failure. It gives you tougher skin. It teaches you things that you'll learn. Like failing your driving test. It teaches you to study harder, with the help of friends like Miranda and Charlotte, who will help you make flash cards, and stay up until the early hours of the night, reveiwing. And then, you have the confidence to do the best you can, and hopefully pass.
Friends and family are like that safety net when you screw up. When you fall, you have the security that someone would always catch you.

No comments:

Post a Comment