Monday, August 8, 2011

Where does the time go?

Today, I started to fill out my planner. Then it dawned on me: In less then two weeks, I'll be a senior. I'll be the one who the tiny freshmen ask directions to the libary or some classroon, not the one asking the directions. Instead of getting lost and running to classes, I'll walk with swag to everyone. (yes, I said swag.) I'll know how things work and rephrase them to the little freshman.
Wow, I'm really going to be a senior.
I remember being that tiny freshman who didn't know anything or where to go or what to do with ourselves. We just were there, existing. I remember not having many friends, and stayed home and did nothing but go on facebook and watch other people live a fun and exciting life. I watched as people made fun of me for being a nerd, and for being so close to my grandparents on my laptop. I would go out with pretty much anyone who asked. I spoke in improper English. (And according to Chris, I still do. But hey, I'm getting better and better at it.)
Yeah, my freshman year sucked.
Somehow, I made friends (yay friends) good friends, and then I began to change, or mature if you will. I realized that you need standards in life. I became busy on Friday nights. And if someone said something bad about me, I developed a thick skin, and realized that I don't need someone to tell me that I'm not good enough for them, because if I'm not then it's their loss.
I really wish I knew these things in 2008. Oh, and discovered Bright Eyes, and the English Dictionary to help with that horrible grammar of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment