Monday, June 20, 2011

Bittersweet

Lately, I've been hearing the word bittersweet a lot. Between friends that are graduating, and my friend Chris finishing up his last guitar lesson, sentiment has been in the air lately. Of course, it seems like everyone but me feels it.
That all changed this morning. I woke up as I normally did. Then, it suddenly hit me that today was the last day of actual school. The last day before everything changes. My last day as being a junior. The last day before all of my friends go to college.
Today would be the last lunch with Big. Today would be the last day I see Luke on a daily basis. The last day I see Charlotte for a while.
Oh my gosh, I'm going to cry.
Next time I will walk these halls as a senior. I can't believe it, not one bit. I still remember being a dorky freshman with no clue in the world about how life is.  Now I'm one small year away from being a legal adult, a graduate from high school, a college sutdent. (hopefully.)
Somehow, I've changed completly. I'm actually happy with everything and everyone.
The term bittersweet will apply in a week, as I watch my friends graduate high school. I wish them all of the luck in the world, and I will miss them like crazy.
Oddly enough, now I want a butterscotch candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment