Friday, June 24, 2011

Feeling the Sentiment

Today is the last offical day of school. The last final that I have to take is in about a half hour, and then I shall be a senior in high school.  Where did the time go? One minute, I'm walking in here a fat, stupid, scared, freshman, and then BAM! I'm magically a senior.
Three years ago, all I wanted was a boyfriend. I thought of nothing but that, because everyone else had one, why couldn't I? Later on, I had learned that those are the wrong reasons to want a relationship- I should soley want one because I want to be with that other person. I wanted him soley to be like everyone else, but in the end, that's not how relationships work.
Three years ago, I was naive.
Three years ago, I thought I was the best singer around. Funny how now, I can't sing very well, and I play the flute.
Three years ago, I was addicted to Facebook.
Three years ago, I cared about what people had to say about me.
I remember not spending not any of my time worrying about school. I remember acting like a nut, thinking that I was the coolest person on the planet.
Three years later, I have become a musician, or a person who plays the flute.
Three years later, I have found Bright Eyes, and Sex and the City. I have found countless other indie bands, and listen to eighties music, because the eighties rock.
Three years later, I don't care what people may think about me. I do my own thing, and if they don't like it, fuck them.
Three years later, I find myself a member of the badminton team, and an editior of the school newspaper.
Three years ago, I was a freshman.
Three years later, I am now a senior.

No comments:

Post a Comment