Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Stormy Tides of Relationships

Sometimes, in life we meet people that we want to be around, people that we want to be in some kind of relationship with.
Lately, that thought has come into my mind several times, especially because of Luke Danes. I don't know why, but between my head spinning, the butterflies that flutter in my stomach, of my head spining, and the chills that run up and down my spine whenever I think of him, is a scary feeling. Scary, but good.
Relationships can often be scary, especially when all you have seen is the darker side of them. When all you've seen is the bad side of them, the thunderstorms, while all you wanted to see is a rainbow. All you desire is clear skies, the only thing you actually get out of everything is nothing but storms.
The reason why I never told Big how I felt about him is because of fear. Fear of rejection, fear of being lied to, and most of all, fear of his sympathy. Most of all, the reality of perhaps being made a fool, all in the name of love, like Gatsby did when he was madly in love with Daisy, and waited around for five years, just because he was in love with Daisy. Sure, that's romantic, but then it's foolish.
Maybe we need to make fools out of ourselves, to make love real. Maybe we need to forget all logic to fall in love, like the real thing, and then just live and breathe, and the end of the day we fall for people that we never thought we would.
Maybe we need no logic to fall in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment