Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Heart So Bent It Can't Break.

When dealing with love, you often experience a broken heart. It may not even be from love, it may even be from a neglant parent, or watching someone you love die a slow and tragic death and being helpless to help them from suffering.
I guess my heart was always broken, growing up I didn't have a dad. It's something that I've always searched for throughout my life, looking for that fill of paternal love, looking for something that I could never truely replace. A father's love is like a wedding dress-one of a kind, something that no matter what, you can never replace.
I then proceeded to search in relationships, looking for a chance for someone to love me. I found love with a few losers that I won't name, because I kind of forgot about them, and they don't matter to me, in addition to Harry, the one whose demon I still face today. To this day, I still try to prove to him that I'm over him, to prove that it was his loss, not mine that he left me. I guess that I don't have to prove anything to anyone, but sometimes I feel like I have too.
Many have different ways of coping with a broken heart. Some chose to eat gallons of Ben and Jerry's and cry about it. Some chose to live and drown in a sea of denial. Some chose to get a new hairdo, and get themselves a new man.
And I? I just lie there. I just sit there, trying to hold it together, when I was falling apart. When Harry and I broke up, I sppose that I was a mess, trying to fix a broken mirror that I should have left to break. But at the end of the day, I rely on talking about my feelings. It's the only way that I feel that I can truely heal. I thank Charlotte, Samantha, and my redheaded Miranda, whose like my big sister, in addition to my Lane, whose a sweetheart. Without them, I know that I would have gone crazy. In life, we need a solid group of friends to get us through the ups and downs of life. With them by my side, I know I could get through anything.
At some point or another, your heart's going to break. But it will get repaired over time, and get broken again. But that helps us get to that really good relationship where no one has to worry about anything and you'll be together forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment