Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Start.

You know that feeling you get in your stomach when you start talking to someone new, that feeling that you get when you know there is a slight chance that maybe, just maybe, they like you back, and maybe you've got a chance at being in a relationship with them.
Sometimes, I sit by the computer, just waiting for Luke to come on. Sometimes, I talk about him to Charlotte on hours on end. I even tell Big about Luke, and of course, he counts down the minutes until I shut the hell up.
Maybe I'm crazy. Maybe I read too much into things. He had that kindergarten crush syndrome, the way that he teased me, like guys who like girls do. He notices everything that changes and he's well...adorable, not going to lie.
I often sit, and I wonder what will happen. I hope that maybe, just maybe he likes me too. It's silly and hopeless to hope, but who the hell cares?
Ohhh yeah right. I do.
I can't even tell anyone that's not Charlotte or Jenni, and it took me forever to do just that. I feel like no one should know who my heart belongs to, and that no one should care who I date, nor want to date. It's my life, and I guess, I should learn to make my own mistakes.
I think this could be the start of something great. The way you look at me in band class sometimes makes me wonder what could happen if we can actually get past this first step. This is always the best part, the talking, and the akward silences.
This could be the start of something.

No comments:

Post a Comment